For thirty years my practice focused on civil litigation primarily involving business, premises, vehicle, product, professional liability and declaratory judgment actions to construe insurance coverage. I now concentrate my practice in arbitrating and mediating civil cases both privately and as a court appointed mediator.
H. Case Ellis, born Middletown, Ohio, August 14, 1950; admitted to Illinois and U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois 1976, admitted to Federal Trial Bar 1982.
- Education: Purdue University (B.S., Psychology, 1972); Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago-Kent College of Law (J.D., with honors, 1976).
- Member, Panel of Arbitrators and Panel of Mediators, American Arbitration Association.
- Appointed: Arbitrator, Manville Personal Injury Settlement Trust, 1989
- Member: McHenry County, Lake County, Winnebago County, and Illinois State Bar Associations.
- Chair of Tort Law Section Counsel, Illinois State Bar Association (1996-1997)
- Chair of ADR Section Counsel. Illinois State Bar Association (2012-2013); Member since 2004
- Board of Governors, Illinois State Bar Association (2001-2006)
- Board of Directors, International Academy of Dispute Resolution (2002-present) President 2007 – 2014
- Certified State Court Mediator, 22nd Judicial Circuit (1997), 19th Judicial Circuit (1997), 17th Judicial Circuit (2002); Cook County Circuit Court (2004) Cook County Chancery Court (2007)
- Certified Federal Civil Mediator, US District Court, Northern District (2002)
- Martindale-Hubbel- “AV” (highest possible rating)
- Awarded: Center for Analysis of Alternative Dispute Resolution System “Service to Community Award,” 2002 for contribution to court annexed mediation program and “Distinguished Service Award” by the McHenry County Bar Association, for mediation activities, 2004
- Served on Committee to establish mediation program and draft and approve mediation rules for 19th Judicial Circuit and for 22nd Judicial Circuit
- Instructor: “Conflict Resolution” – North Central College, Naperville, Il (Graduate Studies, 2003-2006)
- Appointed by Illinois Supreme Court to Committee on Character and Fitness 2007-2014
- Admitted: National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals 2013
- Mediator Trainer: ADRg, UK
- Proposed and implemented a pilot program staffed by local bar to mediate pro-se small claims disputes in McHenry County to facilitate quicker disposition of claims for pro-se parties and shorten pro-se trial calendar. Trained all volunteer mediators, drafted proposed rules and forms.
- Was one of the original mediators in the Court annexed mediation program for the 22nd and 19th Judicial Circuits and to date have mediated more than 2500 court cases. In addition, I am certified in the 17th Circuit (State Court) and on original panel of mediators for the Civil Mediation program in the Federal District Court and the Cook County Circuit Court.
- Have been active Arbitrator (primarily uninsured motorist claims) privately and for AAA since 1978 and have been retained as arbitrator (for claimants, insurance companies, and as neutral) in more than 600 cases.
- Was one of the founding Board Members of the InterNational Academy of Dispute Resolution 2002 -present. President 2008-present. Helped train Law Students and conduct Law School Mediation Tournaments in Chicago, Boston, Des Moines, Gainsville, GA, London, Glasgow, Scotland, Dubai,UAE, Bhopal, India and Dublin, Ireland.
- Lectured and met with Court personnel regarding establishment of Small Claims Court Mediation Programs in Manchester, UK, Edinburgh, Scotland, and Belfast, Northern Ireland.
- Lectured law students in Modena, Milan, Florence, Turin and Rome, Italy for U.S. State Department.
- Frequent lecturer and author of articles regarding ADR.
Please contact Mike Weinzierl at (312) 346-3770, x125 or email@example.com to schedule a mediation with Judge Lustig.
Michael E. Weinzierl
100 S. Wacker Drive, Suite 900
Chicago, IL 60606
(312) 346-3770, x125